Review By: Bonnie Sabatini, Director
Since May is Mental Health Awareness Month, I’m going to highlight one of my very favorite authors, Brene Brown. Brown has done extensive research on courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy and is the author of five #1 New York Times bestsellers: The Gifts of Imperfection, Daring Greatly, Rising Strong, Braving the Wilderness, and her latest book, Dare to Lead. In the Book, “Braving the Wilderness,” Brown offers a four-step process for achieving true belonging through authenticity, bravery, trust, and vulnerability. The author discusses the idea of non-conformity and committing to living in your own truth. This book is an empowering read and I highly recommend it (and all of her other books as well).
Therapists suggest this read if:
- You want the courage to do or say the right thing
- You’re looking for community or wondering how to build connection with others
- You want to be more understanding of people who are different to you
- You’re already an “outlier”, standing for what you believe in – even though it means you stand alone. This book is a celebration of you!
- You think the world needs to change and be a kinder place
Place a hold on this book via the NCLS Catalog or download it in the Libby App.Follow Us for Updates!